Friday, April 24, 2015

The New International Trailer for "The Little Prince" Is Lovely

I've seen things about this film for a while, watched various trailers, only one of which was in English (and had Japanese subtitles over it) and liked what I saw but this one, just released this week, caught my attention.

Being on the subject of the importance of wonder and imagination, it should be no surprise the classic is well loved by fairy tale folk.

If you don't already know, this animated version of Le Petite Prince (which is being scrutinized by many people who are very protective of their childhood classic) has the framework of the story being told to a little girl by an eccentric neighbor. (Did you ever wonder who was being told the story in the book?) It has the potential to work really well but no matter how good a trailer is, we won't really know until we see the film.

Take a look!
There's a new poster too. I really like the top half in particular.

1 comment:

  1. I just don't know about this. I love the animation style of the actual Little Prince parts, but why do there have to parts that are not the original story? It's a beautiful story, and with those gorgeous visuals, why not just tell that? I'm afraid they might really be messing with a book I have strong nostalgic feelings for and that I will be let down by the end result. Thanks for sharing, though!

    ReplyDelete