Friday, November 29, 2013

Ask Baba Yaga: There's Got to Be a Way to Exist Without Constantly Inflating and Deflating My Ego

Baba Yaga by Gennady Spirin
Baba Yaga's oracle is back! And she brings with her some much awaited advice...

Have you ever had a surge of pride (or just confidence), then felt guilty for thinking too highly of yourself? Me too. All. The. Time. So this advice is for me. And many of you too. :)

This week's question and answer (via poet and oracle Taisia Kitaiskaia* of The Hairpin):
(Originally posted at The Hairpin HERE)

While there are a few interesting responses from people regarding just how they cope with this (including pretending to be a honey badger, which... might actually be fun) here are my favorite responses to date:
  • Anyone who refers to feet as "feets" is OK in my book. Let's hang out, Baba, and drink tea and discuss things. (I'm Right On Top Of That, Rose)
  • BABA you've come back just when I needed you. "HEART" (PomoFrannyGlass)
  • Baba killed it once again!! This series is the tops, and when it comes out in a beautifully illustrated book, I will be in line for a copy. ETA: I read the headline and thought, "Yes! Baba please tell me. And I was not disappointed." (adorable-eggplant)
The 'Other' things.. with a capital 'O'... *delicious shudder* Yes - there does seem to be a lot of Other inside..! I guess I should make friends with them. And the rabbits. (Easier said than done but she's completely right about needing to do so!)

What do you think of Baba Yaga's advice?

Want to ask Baba Yaga a question of your own?
You can!
There's now an email address where you can send your questions
directly to Baba Yaga herself.
AskBabaYaga AT gmail DOT com
To encourage Baba Yaga to continue imparting her no-bones-about-it wisdom (ok, there may be some gristle in there... bones too), I suggest we not to leave her box empty... 

Thank you Baba Yaga (& Taisia).


Taisia Kitaiskaia is a poet, writer, and Michener Center for Writers fellow. Born in Russia and raised in America, she's had her poems and translations published in Narrative Magazine, Poetry International, and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment