Monday, June 24, 2013

Once Upon A Time In Wonderland: New Promo

Once Upon A Time In Wonderland is very busy trying to get our attention.

Would you like the new & just released shorter promo version on the Love Conquers All theme...?


...Or the (much!) longer one with the mini-story "Nothing Is Impossible In Wonderland"?
(3:36 mins)

 

News keeps appearing about various characters, Tumblr blogs dedicated to the show are already appearing and there's even a forum already well into discussion and speculation about what's going to happen and how...
I am actually more intrigued than I thought I'd be with the shorter promo as it did grab my attention more than the longer one (although OMG the cheesy FX does kill scenes from time to time!). I'm hoping the editor who worked on the short promo gets to have input on the editing of the show. 
Fairy tale bonus of the day (sort of): As we all know (but easily forget), editors can make or break a movie or show. I will be forever grateful for the editor who revealed the true nature of Mary Poppins in the "Scary Mary Recut Trailer" She did always creep me out as a kid... If you're interested, but worried about the visuals, don't be - you've seen it all before - it's just presented very differently to how Disney does.
The Mad Hatter character in OUAT is one of the more solid and well thought out characters for me (and the actor really knows how to make the best of his lines!) so I'm very curious to see if the established "Once Wonderland" characters will be integrated, or if this is pretty much a separate envisioning. As far as I'm concerned, Hatter can join the party any time!

Phew! I guess Fall is approaching more swiftly than we realized...

2 comments:

  1. I didn't think they could do any worse than OUAT (I really tried watching/liking it, but just couldn't), but it seems they can.

    Sorry to be so negative, but OUAT is a show (and now franchise, it seems) that simply should not be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree, OUAT has filled a gap for me that has been missing for a long time. Not the time slot specifically, but the storytelling and influences. I'm looking forward to in wonderland series, and season three. Just love it!!!

    ReplyDelete